Welcome to the website of Lowland Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire Local Nature Partnership (or LDN LNP for short). We are the LNP for Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, Derby and the area of Derbyshire outside the Peak District National Park – outlined on the map below.
The LNP is a group of organisations representing a variety of sectors – business, the community, education, environment, health, land owners and local authorities.
We have formed a partnership in order to protect and improve the natural environment in the Lowland Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire area. What makes us different is that for us, the natural environment includes the whole range of the area’s natural assets including:
- Ecological communities (species interacting with each other and their environment)
- Sub-soil assets (such as rocks, aggregates and fossil fuels).
Protecting and improving the natural environment includes:
- Measuring our natural capital.
- Creating opportunities for sustainable economic development.
- Improving habitats and increasing biodiversity.
- Sustainable land use and management.
- Enhancing people’s health and wellbeing through access to the natural environment.
- Ensuring natural defences are resilient.
- Promoting education and skills development.
Please explore the site to find out more about who we are and what we do.