The Council has worked closely with the local community and others to develop a 10 year Vision and Plan for the future of Elvaston which they believe can be best delivered by transferring the Estate to a new managing body, the Elvaston Castle & Garden Trust.
The Council is looking to recruit Trustees with experience in property regeneration, business planning, major fundraising, partnership working and who bring commercial acumen.
Key tasks for Trustees over the next few years will include:
• Finalising a robust 3 year business plan for the new Trust;
• Agreeing how and when the estate and staff are transferred from the county council to the trust under a long lease;
• Working with the Council to undertake detailed master-planning for the Estate’s regeneration and associated capital programme;
• Shaping an emerging fund-raising strategy and working with the Council to secure major funding to implement the first phases of the master-plan;
• Identifying, shaping and implementing new commercial initiatives and opportunities.
The recruitment process will start on the 10th October 2016, with interviews planned for January 2017. Once the recruitment process goes live, full information will be available at: www.futureelvaston.co.uk/elvaston-castle-gardens-trust
In the meantime, if you would like informal discussion about the role, please contact Nick Sellwood, Project Manager, National Trust on 07876 59193.